- In August I played for a few worship events and concerts with Maple City Chapel and Malachi Jaggers.
- I purchased my first analog synth! It is the Moog Minimoog Model D. This is more than just a synth, it is a work of art.
- Most of September and the first half of October were busy spent writing and recording to finish Malachi Jaggers’s album. Tracking is done and it is off to mixing and mastering!! There were also a couple more worship events in these months.
- In October, I was able to spend a week assisting Matt, a fantastic guy and wonderful engineer from Nashville, on recording vocals, violins and cellos, and a gospel choir. We used the famed Neumann U47, named “Betty” from Blackbird.
- Played piano/keys for a missionary church camp in Mancelona, MI. We had both an indoor and outdoor venue. This family camp was so much fun with great folks.
- Played piano/keys for ReGen, Evana’s family and youth conference, at Taylor University. It was amazing. Check out the slideshow below of some pictures.
- Continuing work on Malachi Jagger’s album.
- I met Al Schmitt and had a chance to ask him all of my questions and hear a lot of his story and wisdom.
- Playing for Maple City Chapel and working on a new arrangement of Holy Holy Holy.
- Cidney DoBrodt‘s album, “Undone,” released on March 17! We have had multiple album release concerts/worship nights. Find her music here. Cidney’s label is booking her 2017-2018 tour and we’re very excited about that.
- After March 17, my time has been spent recording piano and keys for Malachi Jaggers‘s upcoming album and rehearsing for Cidney.
- I got new software and holy wow. I understand why sound designers and keyboardist rave about it.
- I played for the first time at Revolution Community Church. I also played with Maple City Chapel again.
- I am rehearsing for Cidney DoBrodt’s album release events in March and April. Check out one of her songs.
- Jan 7-12 I traveled to Fruitland Park, FL to play for Evana’s pastors and spouse conference. Evana is perhaps the nicest group of people ever; I’m excited to work with them again in a few months.
- Rebuilt my live keyboard rig to be comprehensive.
- Started learning synthesis and sound design with Ian.
- I upgraded my entire monitoring section at my production suite.
- I did worship nights and concerts with Calvin Whetstone.
- I played piano/keys for a lot of churches.
- I traveled to Nashville (Blackbird) to record for the first time.
- Produced my first song completely on my own.